Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lumpiang Sariwa Done Right

Kuya's Special Lumpiang Sariwa (Filipino-style fresh spring rolls). The only place that completely satisfies my lumpiang sariwa craving!

I got to taste my first Kuya's Lumpiang Sariwa at the Vira Mall Food Court (Greenhills). When I went up to their stall and saw that they were only selling just one product, which I thought at the time was insane, I knew had to try it. Selling only lumpiang sariwa is a pretty bold move.

Anyway I tried it and was a convert! Okay fiiine, they were on to something here. For P 42 pesos you get this and two generous servings of their sweet-garlicky lumpia sauce.
.

The lettuce leaf they use to wrap the vegetable filling in is always fresh and crunchy. The filling is an assortment of sauteed vegetables (mainly ubod, carrots, and sayote). The secret to the success of this lumpia is the seaweed seasoning they put inside the lumpia together with the cut up crunchy-fried rice noodles. It just adds a whole new layer to the flavor and the texture of the dish. I LOVE seaweed, be it fresh or dried.


See all the good stuff I was talking about? Mmmmmm.
It also has a sprinkling of ground roasted peanuts and fried crunchy garlic bits inside the lumpia. It works really well with their sauce and just brightens the flavors in your mouth. Another thing I like about their lumpia is that the wrapper is nice and thin. Other wrappers are a bit too thick and tough which ruins the whole dish.

Their stall in Vira Mall has closed down.  Bummer.  I've been feeling down since I found out.  Maybe I should've bought more lumpia.  Good news is, I found out last week that they had another stall at the SM Fairview Food Court which is just 10 minutes from where I live so YAY!

I'm on my way there now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...