Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lights, Scones, and Coffee

I've been a little remiss in updating my blog this past week.  I've been completely distracted from all the trips, reunions, and parties that I've had to go to.  The amount of food I've eaten is ridiculous.  I've no clue where to start or how to sum it all up, so I won't even try.  I'll save all that for my other entries.

My new year was simple, relatively quiet, and alcohol-free.  Surprise surprise.  Truth is I was still recovering from my reunion with my college buds the other night.

I welcomed the new year with scones, a cup of cafe latte, and fireworks.

Warm Plain Scones with Raspberry Compote and Clotted Cream

I will not nitpick about the menu, the band, or the service at The Lounge of the Manila Marriott.  No I will not because the new year is about good vibes.  At least I'm trying to keep it that way.    

After all the stuff I've been eating of late this was a refreshing change.  I had my family with me and that's all that counts.  2010 was awesome but I've got a feeling that 2011's going to seriously ROCK.

Crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...