Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Slice of Butterscotch Goodness

This is now my go-to midnight snack.  Gardenia's Amazing Butterscotch.  Aptly named because surprisingly, it is just that.

Gardenia has always been my bread of choice.  LOL.  Ok that came out weird.  Like a really icky endorsement.  Ulk.  I have absolutely nothing to gain from this I swear.  Sadly not even a free loaf of bread.  It's just that I've personally toured their plant in Laguna so I can vouch for the quality of their products.  They're even HACCP certified.

Lemme just say that in that plant lies a most unforgettable sight.  I visited a couple of years ago and I and was completely blown away by what I saw.  I was greeted by towers and of rotating baked bread and maybe over a dozen oven tunnels (yes tunnels that seemed to go on for miles).  Heady stuff.  Literally thousands of loaves were parading past me on a spiral conveyor belt tower that was probably 3-floors high.  I wanted to jump on it and start munching away.  A person can only take so much.  It's exactly how I imagined bread heaven would look like.  Oh and let's not forget the intense mouth-watering aroma of freshly-baked bread permeating every nook and cranny.  It gets to you.  It really does.  Sensory overload.  I think I bought almost every flavor they had after that tour.  I got sucked in.  I'm only human after all.

So yeah,  I'm loving this new flavor they came up with.  Well, not so new.  Apparently it's been around since 2009, but hey better late than never right?  It's the perfect snack.  It's fluffy, filling, and moist.  The balance between sweetness and saltiness is spot on.  It's both a savory snack and a dessert.  Ooooh and the best part is the gooey little pockets of caramel-ly butterscotch embedded in the bread slices.  Yummmmmm.  They just sort of burst in your mouth.



Out of all their flavored bread, this is the only one I buy again and again. The Black Forest and Mocha Marble are also tasty but a little too sweet for me.  I generally stay clear of the Choco Ripple and Cheese & Ube Swirl because the artificial taste is overpowering.


Om nom nom nom butterscotch.  My little pleasures in life. *sigh*  I didn't know bread could make me this happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...