Saturday, December 11, 2010

Shiny New Toy

Santa decided to drop in two weeks ahead of schedule.  We (meaning me and my hubby) finally got around to buying our very own Panasonic Lumix LX5! :) Well technically it belongs to the company but I'll be the one using it mostly so yay!  We've been sort of eyeing and canvassing this model since September.  I've been looking for something light enough to carry around to document our events and powerful enough to give me quality shots.  LX5 fits the bill oh so perfectly.

Here are some of my raw newbie test shots from last night and today. This was right after my basic photography crash course with Ku, an ultra-talented photographer who just so happens to be... my brother-in-law. :)  How cool is that?  Thanks to him I am now able to use the words macro, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO in a semi-coherent sentence. I think.

Yuri and Ku's nightcap.
A Christmas-inspired centerpiece I put together.

My view from the passenger seat this morning.
Bedazzled throw pillows.
Croutons!
I've only had it for two days and I'm already completely blown away with my purty white LX5.  It's definitely easy enough to stash in my bag, and the clarity and precision of the camera is SUPERB.  Food shots here I come. :))

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...