Monday, February 14, 2011

A Less Than Ideal Valentine's Day

Choco Chip Oatmeal Cookies I made last year. :-)

I really don't remember how I passed a lot of my previous Valentine's days.  There are less than a handful of memorable events that I associate with this day.  First off, it commemorates the birthday of my Lolo Aring (dad's side) who passed away when I was 11.  Then, there was that Vday in college that I spent with my girlfriends getting drunk at Cantina and devouring huge amounts of... well anything chocolate.  There was also last year's Vday, which was the first Vday Yuri and I got to spend together (we dated long-distance for about a year).

And then there's THIS Vday.  Our supposed first Vday as a married couple. :-/

Yuri's been sick for the past six days and he's been confined at the hospital for four days now (and counting) because of dengue.  I had to leave him there with his brother (thanks Ku you're awesome!) since I still need to take care of this one big catering gig.  We've been catering for the cast and crew of the Christian Bautista concert at Resorts World since last night.  The actual show will be today.  I'll be making an appearance there tonight and then I'll be running off to the hospital to see my dear hubby.  We've been really looking forward to this gig but now all I can think of is his recovery.  I'm hoping and praying that we don't have to do a blood transfusion. :(  If his blood results start looking up today, then as far as I'm concerned, this'll be my best Valentine's day EVER!

I'm really thankful to everyone who's been really supportive and concerned for Yuri throughout this whole ordeal.  You guys have really cheered him up.  I hope you all are having a way better Vday than we are; and I do mean that in the sincerest most genuine way (honest!).

Happy hearts day to you all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...