Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yuri's Birthday at Acuatico Beach Resort

Just a couple of hours ago, we were chillin' and taking it easy at a small chunk of paradise in Batangas called Acuatico Beach Resort.

You see, two weeks ago, I was determined to plan something special for Yuri's big 3-O.  Yep I thought that it was only right that we celebrate this milestone in a stress-free and work-free environment.  I knew for a fact that it was just not gonna happen if we spent it in Manila.  We still had to do a bit of work in between naps and swims but hey, that is completely tolerable when you're at a place like this.  My hubby's birthday needed to be celebrated properly, and we needed a vacation really badly!  The resort was DI-VINE.  Here, I'll let the pictures do the talking.


View from the restaurant.

On my  way to the beach.
The view from the bar is spectacular!
Beach front.
I could live here.  Seriously.  Yuri and I fell in love with the place the instant we stepped out to the pool area.  The rooms were up to par too with high thread count linens (yep I'm a linen geek), a flat screen cable TV, and each with an individual porch.  The bathroom could be a tad roomier though, but other than that, all the comforts you could expect from a high-quality resort was there.  It was definitely a lot better than what we expected.  It was a fitting setting to celebrate my hubby's uber special day.

On the first day, we just kind of lazed around and swam for a bit.  That didn't last for very long since the sun was out with a vengeance that day.  We eventually set up camp at the bar instead.  It was too hot to do anything else anyway.  I had a couple of drinks and made friends with the bartender, or bartenders rather since we were there so long they had to change shifts.

Tequila Sunrise.

Come evening, me and Anne (the evening shift bartender) were the best of buddies.  It was a good thing too, because she was in cahoots with a little something I had planned for Yuri.

Somehow I managed to convince Yuri to have dinner at the bar instead of the main restaurant.  I figured it would be easier to plan his surprise at the bar since Anne would be there to help me execute everything.  It didn't hurt that the we ended up having the whole bar to ourselves so it was quite romantic.

The bar at night.

Anne came up with the birthday pancake idea which they gave to Yuri for free.  That was really nice of them.  I told her to do whatever she thought was appropriate since I couldn't talk with her for too long or else Yuri would be suspicious.  After serving us our dinner, she busted out her "Happy Birthday" CD and gathered a few other staff members to sing Yuri a happy birthday.  They came complete with party hats and all!

They came at him from all sides!

Yuri was so shocked that he didn't even notice the Barbie party hat they had put on him.  LOL.

My birthday boy.

We were both really touched and I was relieved that they managed to pull it off so smoothly.  What a fun night!

The service here is impeccable.  The staff is professional and oh so accommodating.  I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about my stay here.  In fact, we're looking forward to going back.  Hmmm I'm sure I'll come up with an excuse when the need arises.

We had a grand time at Acuatico.  The three-hour drive from Manila to Laiya, Batangas was more than worth it.


Happy birthday Yuri! <3  Here's to a lifetime of adventure and awesome food together! :))






Tel. #: +632 892-7577 to 79
Website: http://www.acuaticoresort.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...