Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cheap Thrills: Korean K.C. Chicken

So I know I've been terrible at posting lately.  My apologies.  In my defense, laziness had no part in it.  It's just that we've been slammed with catering gigs these past few weeks.  So anyway, let me make it up to you guys with this.  Dae Myung Myeonok's Korean K.C. Chicken.


Yuri and I live in an area we like to call "Korea Town".  We are surrounded by a surprising concentration of Korean restaurants, schools, and churches.  I get the best, freshest, and cheapest kimchi in town from a Korean grocery that's just a 5-minute drive from my house.

I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting Korean places to eat at in our area and this was the latest addition.  My guess is that because of the recent popularity of the Bon Chon Chicken chain, Dae Myeong Myeonok decided to put up a Korean chicken stand in front of their eatery to boost their customer traffic, since their location is kinda hard to get to.


We eventually took the bait.  We had to try it.  Plus, on that particular day, our pantry was completely wiped out.  Yuri went out to buy us a box of K.C. Chicken for lunch and took these pictures for me in the process.

For Php 300.00 you get 10 pieces of crispy fried chicken dipped in their secret Korean sauce.  It's not a bad deal at all.  Well I'm calling it their "secret sauce" because the owner clearly wanted to talk to Yuri about it, but he barely spoke any English and Yuri's knowledge of the Korean language is NIL.  I guess it can't get any more authentic than that.


It's twice-fried FRIED chicken.  Get it?  Twice fried?  LOL.  Oh my I'm cracking Yuri jokes.  Erm sorry about that.  ANYWAYS moving on... what they do is they dunk the fried chicken into their Korean-blend sauce immediately after frying, just like how you'd make buffalo wings.  Without that sauce, it would just be good 'ol fried chicken.

Php 300.00 for 10 pieces of Korean Chicken

Their chicken is crispy and mildy sweet with hints of teriyaki and ginger in it.  Overall, it was surprisingly tasty!  The sauce was a subtle addition.  It's definitely worth trying out especially if your looking for a twist on your usual fried chicken.  I'm thinking the Korean dude made the right move by opening a fried chicken stall in front of his eatery.  Pinoys luuuurve their chicken.  You can never go wrong there. :)



Address:  Cirilo cor. De Leon St., Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...