Monday, November 22, 2010

Starting at the Bottom of the Food Chain

There are about a dozen ways to enter the food industry.  For me, it was a toss up between opening up a restaurant and starting a catering business.  I chose the latter.  Why you ask?  I'll save that story for another entry.  So here I am, a foodie at heart and a caterer by profession.

2010 has been a good year for me.  I technically started my catering business (together with my 2 partners) January of this year, got married last September (yay!), and launched our desserts line just last month.  A lot of milestones were achieved this year so I thought it would be only fitting to start a blog as well to document this new chapter of my life as a 25-year-old-newly-married-foodie-caterer (Huh???).  You get the point.

Here I write about my love affair with food and my day-to-day struggles with running my own business.  This industry is tough and fiercely competitive.  It can get mentally, emotionally, financially, and [insert all adjectives ending with -ly] draining at times.  This business of making a name for myself is tough.  So while I toil and wait for my lucky break, I need a happy place to write about what inspires me, e.g. Restos, Food Finds, TV Shows, Trips, Travels, etc.  So yeah... this is gonna be my happy place.  [Note to Self:  Entries should be HAPPY]  Well let's just say I'll try to keep it as happy as I can.

So there.  Happy reading!


~Mich :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...