Friday, November 26, 2010

Double Downer

So my dear husband decided to take me on a KFC date tonight.  Because of him, KFC has become a staple part of my diet.  If he could change his last name to Sanders he probably would.  Next to opening our own restaurant, it would be a dream come true for him to own a KFC store.

We were on a serious mission tonight.  To conquer the Double Down.  I didn't know what to expect in terms of size, since I'd only seen pictures of it.  Plus it was getting mixed reviews from people I know, ranging from lukewarm to awesome both in of size and flavor.

It was a crazy busy Friday night at KFC.  The place was packed.  The crew members behind the counter were running around like headless chickens. One of their POS systems was down.  I looked around the other tables and it seemed like everyone had one or two items they were waiting for.  It wasn't looking good.

We had to wait ten minutes before we got our Double Down.  Didn't matter, we were excited!  When we finally got our order we opened it up and my excitement turned into annoyance.  It looked droopy and it was swimming in oil.  The bacon was still oinking.  It was pale and barely cooked unlike the crispy fried bacon they promised me in their print ads. :(  Also, they used dark meat for the fillets, not that I was expecting them to use filleted chicken breasts for Php 99.00, but it just added to my disappointment.  The only way the Double Down would work was if the chicken fillets and bacon strips were perfectly crisp.  That it was not.  So there.  You get the picture.


I hope KFC was just having a bad night.   I think I'll be sticking to my fries and 1-piece chicken meal with rice.

Oh and we can always make up for our dinner at Banchetto later.  :)


~Mich :)

9 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about KFC and guys... Btw, someone told me there's a house in Kalayaan Ave., that has 24/7 KFC. It really looks just a house but there's KFC inside daw.. haha let's look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that's really near our place. Haha sure let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mich, you're blogging! :D

    Endz, that would be heaven for Pat. Hanapin plz. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anj! Yup.:D It's a fun outlet. :))

    Game! KFC field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mich, kalayaan ave. makati hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that KFC house! It's a regular house with a KFC in their garage. It's right next to a Burger Machine (because I was craving for BM and we were coming out of the Fort).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! Now that Yuri knows about it we will definitely be hunting it down. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...