Monday, May 23, 2011

Blissful Lunch at Felicity

It's true what they say that you don't really see what's right in front of you.  It took a few friends to point out a perfectly good restaurant that was literally a 5-minute drive from our house.  In fact, it was sitting right on top of the bike shop we regularly go to for tune-ups.  Well how about that.


I remember looking up one time while my bike was getting fixed and wondering what Felicity was.  I thought it was only a dessert place so I just shrugged it off.  I almost missed out! 

So finally, the date was set and we went there for lunch with a bunch of friends.  I really didn't know what to expect.  I wasn't anticipating to be wowed that's for sure.


We had to go up a flight of stairs to get to the restaurant. 


We stepped into the restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised!  I was an instant fan of the interior and feel of the place.  It was fabulously shabby chic!  It took my a while to get my order in since I was too busy looking at the details of the place.  By this time, I knew for certain that I was in for an interesting meal.


It's a quaint and tidy operation that can seat approximately 20-25 people.  Their kitchen isn't entirely closed off so as soon as you line up and get your order punched in at the counter, you hear that wonderful sizzle and aroma of yummy food being painstakingly prepared.

The food was delivered in the same order they were placed, so mine came last since I was happily distracted by everything around me.  

Sicilian Tomato Pasta Php 160.00

First up, was the Sicilian Tomato Pasta.  Simple and hearty.  The plating was so pretty and neat with the twirled pasta sitting on top of the sauteed tomatoes.  You could immediately tell that the pasta was perfectly al dente just be looking at it.

Saucy Tomato Hungarian Sausage Php 175.00

This dish looked like it had a good bang for the buck.  You definitely can't go wrong with this order.  Quality hungarian sausage topped with sauteed tomatoes and then garnished with fresh basil leaves.

Pasta Kai-Vigan Php 160.00

Next up was Yuri's Pasta Kai-Vigan.  They took the Vigan longganisa stuffing, sauteed it with garlic, and then tossed the pasta with it.  I had one or two bites of this and I loved it!  I have Kapampangan roots so I usually prefer my longganisa sweet.  Yuri only eats Vigan longganisa so I've been learning to appreciate the other side of the spectrum.  This dish needed no appreciation though, it just captivates and reels you in with each bite. Mmmmm.

Dreamy Carbonara Php 170.00
 If you're looking for really filling pasta, this would be it.  They used heavy cream, mixed in with mushrooms and bacon that are part and parcel of Filipino-style carbonara.  Ku still had a slight hangover from the drinking we did the night before this.  It probably wasn't the wisest dish to order in that state. *teehee*


Now for the main event (at least in my opinion)!  I asked the staff for a recommendation and they immediately mentioned this dish.  Parmesan Crusted Garlic Shrimp.  Hey, every word sounded good to me so I went for it.  Shrimp is way up there in my list of favorite ingredients.  Allergies never stopped me from enjoying my seafood so I was really looking forward to this.  I also opted to try their corn rice instead of the plain one to get the full experience.
Parmesan Crusted Garlic Shrimp Php 280.00

Leave it to me to order the 2nd most expensive item on the menu!  But it was oh so worth it.  10 pieces of medium-sized shrimp cooked and seasoned beautifully.  It was creamy and had hints of garlic and parmesan.  Thankfully they didn't smother it in the sauce as I'd expected.  The corn rice tasted like garlic rice except that it had corn kernels and shredded carrots in it.  It went really well with my shrimp.  The only thing is, my buttered veggies had corn in it too so maybe next time I'd stick with plain rice instead.

The recipes here are simple and hearty but their edge lies in there execution, which was flawless.  They were definitely undertrained in terms of service but the food more than made up for it.  Everything was cooked really well.  It sits in the happy median.  The food is not over nor under cooked.  It's quite refreshing to eat food at their right textures and flavors especially at this price point.    The bread was the biggest surprise.  Usually pasta comes with uninspired bread that's just, well, bleh.  Their bread almost stole the show.  It was creamy, crumbly, and moist and all sorts of yummy!  Seriously.  Everyone wanted to order another side of bread.

Funnily enough, Felicity is owned by Mr. Jasper De Leon, who used to be Yuri's teacher back in high school.  What a coincidence indeed.

A few of our friends opted to end the meal with a dessert.

Slice of Blueberry Cheesecake Php 110.00

They had a slice of blueberry cheesecake which was light and smooth.  I on the other hand was perfectly happy with my last bite of shrimp.

Felicity is obviously one of QC's best kept secrets.  This place is definitely worth checking out!




Address: Don Matias Ave. Corner Holy Spirit Drive, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...